Quotations

If you took one-tenth the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you’d be surprised by how well things can work out… Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won’t make us happier. Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Remember when you were asked to think of a famous person whom you admire? Your job is to find a quotation from that person that speaks to you. When you have it, post it in the discussion and explain why you like the quotation. Make sure you include a citation in MLA format.  Follow my example below:

It is amazing to think about how much time and energy you can waste complaining because it doesn’t accomplish anything and it usually just makes me and the people around me upset.  The quotation above is a reminder to me to focus on being positive rather than complaining and being negative.  The quote from The Last Lecture makes me realize how important it is not to get caught up in gossip and needless complaining.

“A Quote from The Last Lecture.” Goodreads, www.goodreads.com/quotes/481319-if-you-took-one-tenth-the-energy-you-put-into-complaining. Accessed 8 Feb. 2019.

See Purdue Online Writing Lab for additional information.

3 thoughts on “Quotations

1. My quote is from XXXTentacion:
    “I could never say I understand how you are all feeling, nor can I find the right words to say to you, but I do want you all to know, you are not alone.” — XXXTENTACION.
    This is my favorite quote from him because it shows how much he cares for not only his fans, but anybody in the world who struggles with their problems. I also like this quote because he is talking from experience of him thinking he was alone when he was not.
    “20 XXXTENTACION quotes and lyrics about life and depression.” Everyday Power, https://everydaypowerblog.com/xxxtentacion-quotes-and-lyrics/. Accessed 19 Feb. 2019.

2. “I’m living a dream I never want to wake up from.”-Cristiano Ronaldo
    I like this quote because It makes me feel optimistic and also it makes me work harder to make my dream become true.
    At the end when I read this quote from person who had a hard life whin he was a kid, I Learned that life is easier than you expect it, nothing impossible in the life.

“Cristiano Ronaldo quotes.” Goodreads,https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/653078.Cristiano_Ronaldo. Accessed 20 Feb. 2019.

3. Nathan T.:
    “The purpose of life is a life with a purpose. So I’d rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless”

This quote from rapper and activist immortal techniques title track the martyr is significant to me. Although I might not go as far as to want to die for every cause I involve myself in, the idea of any sacrifice in order to make an impact on a person, people or a situation has always been something I’ve reminded myself of. Having a purpose in life is the purpose of life, and if you don’t have that you’re living a life that is worthless.

” A Quote from A-Z quotes.” https://www.azquotes.com/author/40535-Immortal_Technique
    Accessed 27 February 2019