A blog is an online journal with posts that are listed in chronological order, with the most recent posts (articles) first. Each entry has a comments section where visitors to the blog may leave comments for the author. Remember that blogging is a conversation. It is important that you participate in the process. We will use the blog as forum for discussion, collaboration and sharing. Keep in mind that all posts are approved and moderated by me.
If you wish to post to this blog the following rules apply to any and all posts and comments:
1. Do not include any identifying information in your post or comment. This includes, but is not limited to, your last name, your address, phone number, etc.
2. You may use a nickname if your first name is unique and identifiable; however, the ideal way to identify yourself is through your first name and last initial (i.e., MarcusR, Lisa P, etc.).
3. Your comments are expected to be submitted using correct English. Avoid using abbreviations, slang, and other conventions that are common to text messaging and email among friends. The audience here is wider. No profanity or suggestive language will be tolerated either, due to the public nature of a blog.
4. No disrespectful comments about any member of the educational community (i.e. students, teachers, administrators, support staff, etc.) or the assignment at hand will be tolerated. The post or comment will be deleted and a public apology will be issued by the original author. Further disciplinary action may be necessary as well.
5. Students, you may offer constructive criticism of a post or comment if it furthers the educational discussion. Please remember, though, to criticize the writing, not the author.